Steve Austin CPDT-KA
Steve has recently earned this highly recognised certification through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT), joining over 2000 certificants worldwide.
Until the creation of the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers in 2001, there was no true certification process for canine professionals. Many schools teach dog trainers and offer certifications for their specific programs. These certificates, therefore, reflect the teachings and quality of a specific school. Other organisations offer take-home tests for “certification”.
These canine professionals are not monitored to ensure they are completing the test without any assistance or collaboration nor is the testing process standardised.
Steve is required to earn continuing education credits to maintain his designation.
Steve earned this unique world recognition by passing an exam and now earns the title Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed. (CPDT-KA)
Steve’s Other Qualifications Include:
- CPDT KA – Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers
- Certificate IV in Workplace Learning and Assessment.
- Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training.
- Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services.
- Licensed Judge under Australian National Kennel Control (ANKC) in both Field Trials & Gundog Obedience Tests.
- A & B class NSW Gun License.
Today Steve Austin is called upon by many agencies including:
- Tasmania Quarantine
- Australian Government Departments
- Parks and Wildlife
- New Caledonia Quarantine
- Australian Army
- NSW Corrective Services
- Local Government
- The Armed Forces
- World Wildlife Fund
- Cheetah Conservation Fund
- The LAPD
Steve’s knowledge and experience is second to none in Australia.
One look at Steve’s list of qualifications and his C.V. will tell you this guy is the real deal, but when you meet him and watch him work you immediately realize that this man has a relationship with dogs that is truly special. He loves them and they love him and, it’s unconditional.